Followers

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Child Abuse

For this section of work I used my sister as a model, allowing me to relate to my work because i was able to picture how I would feel if my sister was abused by anyone. I began exploring the theme very simply by using portraiture and mild editing. For the first photo i used the burn tool to give the bruised look to the eye, then i used to distort tool to drage the top and side of the eye tp the appripriate position in order for the eye to look swolen and i used an additional black and white layer. The second photo i used a black and white layer and added a round gradient into the top right corner of the photo. I also increased the contrast and brightness.
 



However, with my work i wanted to have the ability to project my ideas to my audience quite openly, which i wasnt really achieving with the photos i had already taken so i decided to start trying to make my photos look a little bit more like posters or TV adverts.This is one of my favourite photos because it reminds me of an advertising poster that you would find on a wall in the street or some public toilets.
 

 

For this photo, i took my initial idea of making my photographs look like posters and adverts and enterpretted an idea from a poster i found online. The editing i did was done by using the burn tool to create the bruising and i used the dublicate tool to copy the skin around her face to cover her mouth with.


This is the poster I used as inspiration to create the above.








No comments:

Post a Comment