Followers

Friday 17 January 2014

Graffiti

For this series of photos I traveled to London and walked along the embankment whereby i focused the majority of my photos on one of the few legal areas for graffiti in both London and the UK. I love these photos because they show the contrast and change in which graffiti (otherwise known as street art) has on the environment in which it is in. I used photoshop to increase the contrast and brightness in these photos, and then used the select tool to select everything except the graffiti and added a black and white layer to show how the street art brings life to this photo. This emphansises the importance of the graffiti in this collection of photos, like I did in my bee photos.







Graffiti Layering

For this part of my exploration of Graffiti, I layered the photos of  graffiti in which I took up in London in the skate park, over the top of objects such as snail shells, leaves, and even metal covers.







I next carried on layering however i based this next section of my work upon the work of a photographer called "Slinkachu" (Link for his blog is here: http://www.slinkachu.com/). Slinkachu used tiny figurines to create mini scenes in which he then photograped. However instead of using figurines, I took photos of my friend at 50 different angles with a can of spray paint in his hand in order to be able to get the exact angle i needed for my photos to make it look as if he is spray painting tiny works of art onto the objects.





No comments:

Post a Comment